MOVIE REVIEW: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)MOVIE REVIEW: Buried (2010)MOVIE REVIEW: Green Lantern (2011)MOVIE REVIEW: Hobo with a Shotgun (2011)

Thursday, June 16, 2011

COMIC REVIEW: Legion of Doom #1


So, I can’t begin to tell you my disappointment when I opened up the miniseries Legion of Doom and discovered that Road Warrior Hawk and Animal were NOT within the pages. In my yearning for another Warrior (that is the Ultimate Warrior) like crazy comic, I was more than disappointed.
Okay, that may be hyperbole because I knew damn well this was not a wrestling comic book, but that still doesn’t change my thoughts that this was a not so good comic. I’m actually struggling sitting here trying to come up with anything worthwhile to type. Instead of a play by play and reliving more boredom and *snore*…..
Sorry about that. At any rate, the story (as told by Adam Glass) doesn’t make a lot of sense and as part of the Flashpoint Universe; it fails to add anything of worth to this new world. This story could have very well taken place in the current DCU.
The story starts off showing how inept Heatwave really is, yet by the end of the comic, we’re supposed to be convinced that he is worthy of a three issue miniseries? Sorry, not buying it. The dialogue was a mess and really hokey at times and mostly filler. We didn’t learn anything, and the entire middle part of the story could have been scrapped and a cooler idea brought to the table.
The art by Rodney Buchemi was really lack lust er. Well, it was adequate. I’m guessing with all these miniseries and getting the book out on time with the big September news, it’s bound to happen. But the artist definitely seemed to be going through the motions with this story. I know I’d be bored drawing this script if it was handed to me.
The only thing that saved this comic happened on the last two pages was really bad ass. I guess a decent enough hook to have the old David (who was a victim of being a completionist) to buy issue two. But, in this day and age, I have learned better and I’ll spend that money elsewhere.
Lastly, is it sad to say I had more fun reading the B. Clay Moore Justice League/Subway commercial comic inside starring Michael Strahan, Justin Tuck and Ndamukong Suh? Not to mention that I was a victim of perfect advertising by the sweetness of the DC characters on Chuck Taylor Converses.

Verdict: Hated It

No comments:

Post a Comment