MOVIE REVIEW: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)MOVIE REVIEW: Buried (2010)MOVIE REVIEW: Green Lantern (2011)MOVIE REVIEW: Hobo with a Shotgun (2011)

Friday, July 29, 2011

COMIC REVIEW: FF #7

FF #7

I have very weird dreams. 

I have one dream which I have dreamed multiple times over the years.  Now, I don’t know how common reoccurring dreams are, and I’m pretty damn not sure what THIS particular dream even means.  I could go see a psycho analyst, dream interpreter.  But, that would totally take the fun and mystery out of my own dream.

At any rate, every now and then I dream I’m stuck in space in this cosmic epic battle between David Bowie and Ziggy Stardust.  Yep.  You can tell from that sentence right there, I’ve got some epic, deep rooted issues that will be coming to the forefront. 




In said dream, worlds are being destroyed.  Time is unraveling all around me as I watch these two titanic creatures of awesomeness battle it out to the death.  Long story short (too late) David Bowie screams “I CREATED YOU!  I CAN DESTROY YOU!” From there, David Bowie goes on to EAT Ziggy Stardust.  Yes, I said he consumes him.  As this plays out, I see David sitting down, as if in a corner of a room, hunched over and covered in blood from eating Ziggy.  Every time I wake up from that image, I think how incredibly messed up and mind altering awesome an experience like that is.  Don’t even get me started on my other dreams…

Speaking of mind altering experiences, I read FF #7 this week.  There seems to be a Hickman book out weekly, which is good because he is one of the few writers that dare to challenge your mind and make you think.  A lot of books out today are full of fluff.  And I wonder out loud, do these writers have anything to say?  But not Hickman.  The man knows how to challenge your head and they way you digest a story but not in an insulting pretentious way. 

The story continues to follow the advancement of Black Bolt coming back from death, reclaiming his crown over the Inhumans, leaving Halas to gather the Universal Inhumans , who were once created to be weapons, but then destroyed because Supremor because he was afraid they would come back to kill him, and gathered on Earth’s moon.  Whew.  At any rate with Black Bolt now returned from the grave, he decides to fulfill his destiny and meets up with his five wives and the universal Inhumans on Earth’s moon, which appears to be the playground for an all out war.  Honestly though, I don’t even know if that is the final outcome.  I don’t even know if war is what has been prophesized.  All I know is that I’m completely intrigued and cant’ wait to see more!

And not to be outdone by the main plot of the story, subplot device Ronan’s hammer is impregnated by some weapon, by Supremor,  that is destined to take out Black Bolt.  There are so many twists and turns to this story, I’m half expecting Supremor to show up in the third book of this arc and tell Black Bolt “I created you! I can destroy you!” and commence with the eating.

"Black Bolt, I will eat you.  And you'll love it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment